I LIVE HERE

I LIVE HERE

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Make A Difference

Hello Everyone,

I heard a quote the other day, which has stayed with me: “it’s not what you do, it’s why you do it.”

As you can see from our last update about Kachere, we are now building a school for the boys. It’s terribly exciting to be part of something so special. I can’t wait to show you all the drawings of this school. We view this as a chance to make a sustainable model, using recycled materials and local innovative design techniques.

Since we remain grassroots, your help remains central to why we are here today. As we try to imagine what our ideal school would look like, one of the first things that we think about is the importance of books that had an impact on us growing up. Since many of the kids speak English and will be learning English, I hope all of you will consider donating some of your favorite books and help us in building a library in Kachere. Additionally, we are looking for art supplies for roughly 100 children to use.

Here is a basic list of what we are looking for:

colored construction paper, tape, glue, paintbrushes, paint, and pencils.

If anything else comes to mind, please feel free to send these to us. If you wish to send a message to the boys that we can hang in the classroom, I know that they would appreciate this very much. If you decide to donate, please make sure I have the materials before the 11th of December. I will take these donations with me when I leave for Malawi on the 13th of December.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and seeing what we all can come up with before I leave.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and consider donating.

The address to send supplies:

Mia Kirshner and the ILH Team c/o Monica Guzman

1990 Bundy Drive #200

Los Angeles, CA 90025

USA


My Very Best,

Mia and the ILH Team

1 comment:

  1. I post again the same message that I left on Facebook because it's urgentI post again the same message that I left on Facebook because it's urgent :

    We have prepared a package for the foundation, and we would like to know if we can send it to your address on Paris, because we are afraid that our package doesn't arrive before December 11 at LA. It weighs about 6 pounds. We know it's heavy, so if it's not possible to send you to Paris, do you have other solutions? Thank you =)

    Céline
    Mail: daisymiss5@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete